We will not disclose any information you provide about yourself to any third parties unless we have to do so in the ordinary course of our commercial relationship with you (including, without limitation, for marketing purposes) or to administer this Website. We are aware of and we will comply with our obligations under current data protection legislation in the UK. If you have any questions about our use of your personal details then please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name and job title
- Contact information including email address
- Enquiry information relevant to H&G Limited T/A QED Finance’s products and services
How we use your information
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail.
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- From time-to-time we may be running Google Display Advertising which allows third-party vendors, including Google, to show our ads on sites across the Internet. You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network ads using the Ads Preferences Manager.
- Assess your application. This may involve using credit scoring methods and involve a search at credit reference agencies for information about your identity and if applying for credit, your credit information. If you are applying for a commercial mortgage we may also make enquiries we consider necessary including references from your employer, accountant, banker, lender, landlord, insurance broker, or solicitor.
- Verify your identity. We may be able to verify electronically using information provided by credit reference agencies (for example information from the Electoral Register). Where we are unsuccessful we may ask you to provide physical forms of identity verification. We may also make periodic or ongoing checks with credit reference agencies to update this information.
- Manage our relationship. This may involve periodic searches of our own records, credit reference agencies and fraud prevention agencies.
- Prevent and detect fraud, money laundering and other crime. This may involve sharing information with fraud prevention agencies. If you provide false or inaccurate information and fraud is identified, details will be shared with fraud prevention agencies and this information may be accessed and used by law enforcement to prevent fraud and money laundering.
- Develop and improve our services through assessment and analysis of your information including credit scoring, behavioral scoring, market and product analysis, and market research.
- Inform you about other products and services (with your agreement).
- Satisfy legal obligations placed upon us.
- Update, consolidate, and improve the accuracy of our records.
- Test new systems and changes to existing systems.
- Administer offers, competitions and promotions. Your information may be used for other purposes for which you give your specific permission, or, in very limited circumstances, when required by law or where permitted under the terms of the Data Protection Act 1998.
Sharing your information
We may share your information with: our service providers and agents. In some cases this might include those outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
- Credit reference agencies: we carry out checks at credit reference agencies. A record of these checks is kept by the credit reference agency and may impact your ability to obtain credit elsewhere for a short time. Information about your facility, such as the balance and how it’s managed, is also passed to credit reference agencies. This information can be accessed and used by others.
- Fraud prevention agencies: we obtain information from and share information with fraud prevention agencies. If false or inaccurate information is provided and fraud is identified, details will be shared with fraud prevention agencies and this information may be accessed and used by law enforcement to prevent fraud and money laundering.
- Anyone to whom we transfer or may transfer our rights and duties.
- Any third party as a result of any restructure, sale, merger, or acquisition of any H&G limited or associated group company.
- Anyone appointed to act on your behalf (such valuer, solicitor/conveyancer, intermediary, accountants, insurance company).
- UK and overseas regulators and authorities in connection with their duties (such as crime prevention).
- Anyone else with your consent.
Obtaining a copy of your information
Under the Data Protection Act you have the right of access to your personal data. The Act allows us to charge a fee of £10 for this service. You can ask us to change or delete any personal information. If we can we will, but sometimes we have to maintain records for legal reasons. For a copy of your information, please write to: Data Protection Officer, H&G Limited, The Long Barn, Duncton Mill, Dye House Lane, Duncton, Petworth, West Sussex, GU28 0LF.
You can contact the credit reference agencies and fraud prevention agencies to establish what information is recorded about yourself. The information they hold may not be the same so it is worth contacting them all. They will charge you a small fee.
- The agencies are: Experian Ltd Consumer Help Service, PO Box 8000, Nottingham, NG80 7WF. www.experian.co.uk.
- Equifax Ltd Customer Service Centre PO Box 10036 Leicester LE3 4FS. www.equifax.co.uk.
- Callcredit Ltd Consumer Services Team PO Box 491 Leeds LS3 1WZ. www.callcredit.co.uk.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which is placed on your computer’s hard drive. The cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
We and third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimize, and serve ads based on someone’s past visits to our website.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
These are the cookies used on qedfinance.com:
A temporary (session) cookie that ensures you have seemless navigation around the qed finance site. This cookie is not retained once you have left qed finance.
Google Analytics cookies that allow us to analyse which pages of the site are visited and for how long. This information helps us to continuously improve the content of the site and ensure it meets our customers’ needs. Google Analytics stores your IP address anonymously on its servers in the US, and neither H&G Limited T/A QED Finance nor Google associate your IP address with any personally-identifiable information. These cookies are always set by default unless you have specifically disabled them in your browser.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.